Leziate & Ashwicken
Ashwicken is a small village close to King's Lynn in West Norfolk. The village sits on the B1145 and was united with the civil parish of Leziate in the 15th century.
Ashwicken is the site of a shrunken medieval village, one of around 200 lost settlements in Norfolk. The remains of the village were visible as earthworks near Ashwicken Hall but were partly destroyed by farming in the 1990s.
The hall was surrounded by a medieval moat which was filled in during the 19th century.
The Parish church, which is dedicated to All Saints, dates from the medieval period. It was restored during the 19th century and is a Grade II* listed building.
Leziate is a village and civil parish in West Norfolk. The parish of Leziate in the 2001 census, has a population of 581, including Ashwicken, and increasing to 592 at the 2011 census.
In 1086, when the Domesday Book was compiled, Leziate was in the hundred of Freebridge, and was quite small, with just three households. It had 4 acres of meadow land and a mill.
The Parish now has The Ashwicken C of E Primary School, Village Hall and two play areas.